That is a straightforward aspect dish we make all 12 months lengthy and considered one of my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed filled with contemporary cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an ideal lunch or is ideal served alongside virtually any meal.
A Favourite Facet Salad
- Since there aren’t any lettuce leaves to wilt, Greek salad is without doubt one of the finest picnic and potluck salads; it holds up so properly!
- Bulk up Greek salad by including diced potatoes or your favourite cooked and chilled pasta like rotini, penne, or macaroni shells. Or make it a light-weight dinner by including chopped salami, shredded rooster, or shrimp!
- Meal prep salad bowls for every week of nutritious and low-calorie lunches by scooping Greek salad onto a mattress of Romaine lettuce, quinoa, orzo, garbanzo, or black beans.
Greek Salad Components
Greens – Recent chopped greens are the bottom of this recipe.
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Use no matter you may have that’s contemporary and juicy. If making forward, I desire Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes as they maintain up properly within the fridge.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper deliver crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter colour you’d like. There is no such thing as a have to peel the cucumber.
- Purple Onion add taste to this salad. To make the flavour of purple onion a bit milder, soak the slices in chilly, salted water to neutralize them a bit.
Olives – Kalamata olives add the right taste to this recipe. When you aren’t a fan, you may go away them out of this recipe or strive swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, and even capers!
Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. Historically feta cheese is served in a big slice on the salad nevertheless we wish to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chew.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing can (and will) be quite simple, this lets you actually style the contemporary veggies.
A quite simple combination of oil, purple wine vinegar, and contemporary lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano is all you want. If in case you have a bottle of Greek salad dressing you need to use that too however on this combination, we desire the straightforward contemporary dressing.
Feeling Fancy? If in case you have contemporary herbs available together with oregano, parsley, or contemporary dill, sprinkle just a little bit on high. Recent herbs actually can take this dish to the subsequent stage in taste.
How one can Make Greek Salad
Even Panera can’t examine to this fast and straightforward dish!
- Chop the greens into massive chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake properly (per the recipe beneath).
- Add feta & garnish with parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Maintain leftover Greek salad in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Add some contemporary veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it nearly as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you get pleasure from this Greek Salad? Make sure to go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
A easy mixture of contemporary veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a contemporary and straightforward dressing.
Mix all dressing components in a small bowl and blend properly or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, purple onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss properly to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up properly on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will preserve for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is non-obligatory however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese might be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.