This contemporary pomegranate salsa recipe is bursting with sweet-and-spicy taste. It’s a enjoyable vacation appetizer or wintertime snack. You possibly can serve it with tortilla chips like every other salsa. After all, a facet of guacamole is at all times a good suggestion.
For a particular Christmas salsa presentation, attempt it as proven right here, with whipped goat cheese as a creamy base and the salsa organized in a wreath-like form on prime. This variation goes effectively with sturdy crostini or crisp toasted pita. The whipped goat cheese element is included within the recipe under, and it’s really easy to whip up.
This yr, I’m bringing pomegranate salsa to my mates’ annual Christmas celebration! Lighter and brighter choices are at all times welcome amongst heavy and candy vacation fare. Let’s begin the pomegranate salsa pattern collectively.
Right here within the U.S., pomegranates are sometimes accessible from the top of September by January. I hope you’ve gotten the possibility to make this recipe whereas we are able to.
Learn how to Make Pomegranate Salsa
Begin with the pomegranate—you should purchase complete pomegranates (you’ll want about two for this recipe) and take away the arils your self. That is my most well-liked technique for eradicating the arils. Or to avoid wasting time, purchase pomegranate arils which have already been faraway from the fruit (you’ll want about two cups).
In a bowl, merely mix the pomegranate with finely chopped pink onion, cilantro, and jalapeño (omit should you’re delicate to warmth). For the very best texture, take your time to finely chop these substances.
Lastly, add lime juice, lime zest (which actually ramps up the lime taste), and salt. Stir it collectively, and the salsa is able to eat.
To make the non-obligatory whipped goat cheese, bust out the meals processor and mix goat cheese, cream cheese, honey, garlic and salt. Course of till the combination is completely clean and creamy. Unfold the combination throughout the bottom of a large, shallow bowl and prepare the pomegranate salsa across the edges for a wreath-like form (should you’re making this exterior of the vacations, you may simply pile it within the heart of the dish).
Learn how to Serve Pomegranate Salsa
Serve it by itself with tortilla chips, maybe with a bowl of guacamole on the facet. Or, serve it with whipped goat cheese for a creamy base that goes effectively with crostini or toasted pita. You’ll discover the non-obligatory whipped goat cheese element inside the recipe under.
Wintery Mexican-inspired entrées that may go effectively with this pomegranate appetizer embrace Christmas Enchiladas, Tortilla Soup, Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers and Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole.
You could possibly even attempt pomegranate salsa on tacos. I haven’t tried, however I imagine it might be stellar rather than the pineapple salsa on this cheese taco recipe—Halloumi Tacos with Pineapple Salsa & Aji Verde.
For cocktails, attempt a Ranch Water, Skinny Margarita or Recent Mezcalita.
Extra Pomegranate Recipes to Take pleasure in
Listed here are only a few extra of my favourite pomegranate recipes.
Please let me know the way your pomegranate salsa seems within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Complete Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Class: Salsa
- Technique: By hand
- Delicacies: Mexican-inspired
- Weight loss program: Vegetarian
This pomegranate salsa recipe is bursting with sweet-and-spicy taste. It’s a enjoyable vacation appetizer or particular wintertime snack. Serve it by itself with tortilla chips, or with whipped goat cheese for a creamy base that goes effectively with crostini or toasted pita. Recipe yields 8 appetizer servings.
- 2 cups pomegranate arils (about 2 pomegranate’s price)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pink onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (use a smaller jalapeño for much less warmth, or depart in some seeds for extra warmth)
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon effective salt
Elective whipped goat cheese
- 4 to 5 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small-to-medium garlic clove
- ⅛ teaspoon effective salt
Serving options: Crostini, toasted pita wedges, sturdy crackers or tortilla chips
- To organize the salsa, mix all the substances in a bowl and gently stir till mixed. Style, and add a little bit extra salt if desired.
- To organize the non-obligatory whipped goat cheese, mix all the substances within the bowl of a meals processor. Course of till the combination is completely clean and creamy, which may take a few minutes, pausing to scrape down the edges of the bowl as obligatory.
- To serve, use the salsa as-is, or unfold the whipped goat cheese into the bottom of a large, shallow bowl. Spoon all the salsa across the perimeter of the bowl. Serve promptly. Leftovers will preserve for as much as 5 days (the whipped goat cheese might want to heat again to room temperature to unfold simply).
Make it dairy free/vegan: Serve the salsa with out the goat cheese, or over guacamole as a substitute. If in case you have dairy free/vegan friends at a celebration, serve the goat cheese individually from the salsa.
▸ Vitamin Data
Did you make this recipe?