Tart and candy, this recipe for rhubarb custard pie is a keeper!
Contemporary rhubarb is baked right into a creamy custard single-crust pie that’s able to serve in lower than an hour!
This scrumptious deal with is a summertime favourite that makes probably the most of contemporary rhubarb.
Simple Rhubarb Custard Pie
- This classic favourite strikes the steadiness between tangy rhubarb & creamy custard.
- Selfmade fruit pies are his rhubarb-based magnificence couldn’t be any simpler to make!
- Channel your inside Betty Crocker and bake up this jewel-toned pie for a picnic or BBQ!
Elements in Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rhubarb – Contemporary or frozen rhubarb can be utilized for this pie. Contemporary rhubarb will likely be agency and pink with flecks of inexperienced. Drain water from thawed rhubarb so the pie units.
Custard – Gentle cream (resembling half and half) is finest for this recipe. A number of drops of rum or brandy will be added to the custard for further taste.
Crust – Use a store-bought pie crust or make a flaky selfmade pie crust. Even a crust constituted of graham cracker crumbs can be utilized on this recipe.
Toppings – Though this pie is ideal with out a topping, it’s completely dreamy served with a dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of selfmade no-churn ice cream, and even a drizzle of caramel sauce or meringue.
Variations – For those who’re a bit of shy on rhubarb, combine in chopped strawberries, peaches, pink or inexperienced apples, currants, dried cranberries, or perhaps a handful of granola.
Methods to Make Rhubarb Custard Pie
- Lin an unbaked pie shell in a glass pie pan.
- Whisk collectively all elements besides the rhubarb (as per the recipe beneath).
- Fill pie shell with ready rhubarb and pour the custard on high.
- Bake till the fruit is tender and the pie is ready.
Suggestions for Excellent Pie
- Reduce rhubarb into small items about ¼” every to tenderize the fibrous stalks. Make certain the stalks are freed from leaves as they’re poisonous if consumed.
- If the perimeters of the pie crust begin to brown too shortly, cowl them with strips of foil.
- Let the pie cool earlier than serving to permit the custard to set correctly.
Methods to Retailer
- Leftover rhubarb custard pie will be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Baked pie can also be really easy to freeze as soon as it’s cooled. Reduce it into single parts, wrap in plastic wrap, and place it in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
Did your loved ones love this Rhubarb Custard Pie? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rhubarb custard pie combines the tangy freshness of rhubarb with the creaminess of selfmade custard in a flaky crust.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Put together the pie crust in keeping with your favourite recipe, or use a premade model. Match the pastry right into a 9-inch glass pie pan, guaranteeing it covers the underside and sides evenly.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs till they flip a lightweight yellow colour. Add cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Combine nicely.
Fill the ready pie shell with rhubarb. Pour the custard combination overtop.
Place the pie on the underside rack of the preheated oven. Bake it at 450°F for quarter-hour.
Scale back the oven temperature to 350°F and proceed baking the pie for an extra 30 to 35 minutes, or till the rhubarb is tender and the pie has set.
- For those who discover the perimeters of the pie beginning to brown too shortly, you’ll be able to cowl them with aluminum foil to stop over-browning.
- It’s vital to let the pie cool earlier than slicing. This enables the custard to set and makes for cleaner slices.
- Be at liberty to serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For a 9″ deep dish pie modify the filling as follows:
3 1/2 cups rhubarb
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup mild cream
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Energy: 114 | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.