This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Straightforward and spectacular rum balls are good for the vacations! Vanilla wafer crumbs, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and rum create a truffle-like consistency bursting with wealthy flavors. A easy bite-sized dessert that each celebration wants!
Chunk-sized vacation treats are all the time a good suggestion. That manner you may style a bit little bit of all the pieces! Listed here are a couple of of my go-to vacation treats I convey to events or give away as neighbor items. My Italian cookies are on the prime of my checklist, together with Christmas crack, and this superb fudge. All bite-sized and ideal for sharing.
What Are Rum Balls?
Rum balls are decadent rum-flavored dessert bites with a truffle-like consistency The bottom of the rum balls begins with vanilla wafer crumbs that get blended with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, corn syrup, and rum. It creates a candy no-bake dough that’s rolled into balls. Have enjoyable with including the of entirety to those rum balls by rolling them in powdered sugar, sprinkles, nuts, or cocoa powder. They’re simple to make and all the time a crowd favourite!
Yearly I need to make ALL the Christmas treats, however I by no means have sufficient time. Fortunate for me, a few of my favourite treats have minimal components making it even simpler. And it doesn’t get simpler than this 2-ingredient fudge or these quick no-bake cookies. Or you may skip any baking and simply purchase all of the components to make the world’s cutest charcuterie Christmas wreath.
Components You Will Want
Right here is the checklist of components wanted to make these tasty rum balls. The components wanted are fairly easy and these are one of many best bite-sized desserts to make! Comply with the precise measurements beneath on the recipe card.
- Vanilla Wafers: Boxed Nilla wafers are the proper candy cookie to mix and use because the crumb base for these rum balls.
- Powdered Sugar: Provides sweetness and construction to the rum balls.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder offers them a wealthy chocolatey taste.
- Salt: Only a pinch to steadiness out the sweetness.
- Gentle Corn Syrup: Provides sweetness and helps to “stick” the components collectively making them simpler to roll into balls.
- Spiced Rum: The star of the present on this rum balls recipe! See my ideas beneath for rum substitutions.
- Powdered Sugar and Cocoa Powder: Additional powdered sugar and cocoa powder for rolling the rum balls. It makes them SO fairly!
Rum Balls Recipe
Rum balls are fast and straightforward to assemble and don’t require any baking! The top result’s so fairly and spectacular and so they look so skilled. Good for the vacation season! When you make them, you’ll see simply how simple it’s to create these lovely and scrumptious treats at house!
- Pulse the Vanilla Wafers: Add all of the vanilla wafer cookies to a meals processor and pulse till you could have crumbs.
- Add the Powdered Sugar, Cocoa, Salt, and Corn Syrup: Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and corn syrup. Pulse till mixed.
- Combine within the Rum: Add the rum and blend till mixed. The dough ought to come collectively if pinched and fashioned right into a ball and shouldn’t crumble.
- Scoop the Balls/ Coat the Balls: Scoop out tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. To coat the balls, add powdered sugar or cocoa powder in a small sheet pan or pie dish. Add the balls and shake gently till utterly coated.
- Retailer and Serve: If desired, place the completed balls in mini cupcake liners. Retailer in an hermetic container till you’re able to serve them.
Ideas and Variations
Get artistic with these rum balls. Make them every distinctive with completely different toppings and extra flavors. There is no such thing as a fallacious strategy to make them, so have enjoyable! I’ve a couple of ideas and variations you may make beneath.
- Extra Crumb Choices: As a substitute of vanilla wafers, it’s possible you’ll use 11 ounces of graham cracker crumbs, butter cookie crumbs, and even Biscoff cookies or gingersnap cookie crumbs!
- Alcohol Warning: Please remember that the alcohol of the rum doesn’t cook dinner out of those rum balls as they don’t seem to be cooked or baked at any level.
- Rum Substitutes: You might substitute the rum for orange juice, apple juice, or black espresso if you wish to make an alcohol-free model. If you happen to just like the style of rum, add 1-1 ½ teaspoons of rum extract together with the rum various of your alternative.
- Dough Ideas: To regulate the feel of your rum balls, add both extra cookie crumbs or a splash of rum. Cookie crumbs will assist a dough that’s too tender or runny, and a splash of rum will assist in case your dough seems too dry and doesn’t maintain collectively when pressed right into a ball.
- Ornamental Concepts: Whereas the recipe suggests rolling your rum balls in cocoa powder or powdered sugar, you might also roll them in chopped nuts, desiccated coconut, sprinkles, or coarse sugar.
- Ball Dimension: It’s as much as you to decide on the scale of balls you need to make! I prefer to make 1-inch bite-sized balls, however be happy to make them larger! Simply take into account that the dietary data will change should you make them larger.
Tips on how to Retailer Rum Balls
You’ll be so glad to have leftover rum balls as a result of they’re nice for freezing! Pull them out of the freezer for last-minute entertaining. The rum balls will age and mature as they’re saved, leading to a greater taste. I like to recommend making the rum balls a couple of days upfront for that reason!
- Within the Fridge: Place leftovers in an hermetic container in a single layer then refrigerate for as much as 2 weeks.
- Within the Freezer: To retailer rum balls, place them in an hermetic container and use wax paper to separate layers. Freeze for as much as two months.
Pin this now to search out it later
Add all of the vanilla wafers to a meals processor and pulse till you could have crumbs.
Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and corn syrup. Pulse till mixed.
Add the rum and blend till mixed. The dough ought to come collectively if pinched and fashioned right into a ball and shouldn’t crumble.
Scoop out tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. To coat the balls, add powdered sugar or cocoa powder in a small sheet pan or pie dish. Add the balls and shake gently till utterly coated.
If desired, place the completed balls in mini cupcake liners. Retailer in an hermetic container till you’re able to serve them.
Energy: 34kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 0.1gFats: 0.1gSaturated Fats: 0.03gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.002gMonounsaturated Fats: 0.02gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 7mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 6gCalcium: 1mgIron: 0.1mg
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.