Ever tried artichoke in lasagna? If not, you’ve been lacking out. This vegetarian recipe is freshly flavored, hearty and tacky, however not too heavy. It’s a fabulous possibility for date evening at residence or a particular Sunday dinner.
This spinach and artichoke lasagna recipe has been one in every of my private favorites for almost a decade, and it has raving critiques. At this time, I’m sharing it once more with new images and a step-by-step video. You’ll additionally discover loads of serving recommendations under to spherical out your meal.
I initially created this recipe for our buddy Scott. He got here to the weblog on the lookout for a lasagna recipe to prepare dinner for his spouse, Sara, and I had nothing to supply! This recipe shaped the spine for my Finest Vegetable Lasagna and Vegan Lasagna, so when you’ve got loved these, you’ll definitely love this one.
This recipe taught me the great thing about no-boil lasagna noodles, that are a lot simpler and faster to work with. It additionally incorporates a easy, no-cook, diced tomato sauce with basil and garlic that tastes so contemporary. Strive it, and also you’ll see!
Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Notes & Ideas
You’ll discover the complete recipe under. Listed below are a number of suggestions and choices to pay attention to earlier than you get began.
- This recipe is designed for no-boil lasagna noodles, which saves a number of steps and makes for simpler layering.
- I used cottage cheese on this recipe as a substitute of the basic ricotta. It’s a bit trick I realized from America’s Check Kitchen (they’re filled with methods!). Cottage cheese has a greater taste and texture than ricotta in relation to lasagna. I’m not a fan of cottage cheese by itself, nevertheless it’s excellent on this recipe!
- If you’re in a pinch for time, you could possibly substitute store-bought sauce for the selfmade sauce under.
- You would additionally get by with frozen spinach as a substitute of contemporary, however the contemporary spinach taste actually performs properly with the fresh-tasting tomato sauce.
- In the event you don’t love artichokes or can’t discover any, you possibly can skip them altogether for a basic and scrumptious spinach lasagna recipe.
- The recipe under makes heavy use of a meals processor, however for those who don’t have one, you should use a blender.
- In the event you don’t have a meals processor or blender, purchase crushed tomatoes as a substitute of diced, skip the blended cottage cheese step and chop the spinach combination after it’s carried out cooking.
Watch The way to Make Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Serving Ideas
Whereas this lasagna already gives a serving of hearty greens, I at all times love a salad with lasagna. The most straightforward facet salad choices embody this Lemony Kale Salad or Tremendous Easy Arugula Salad. Or, improvise your individual with my Italian Dressing or Lemon French dressing. For an American Italian restaurant-style dinner, make my Home made Caesar Salad or Vegetarian Italian Chopped Salad. This Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw is an unconventional possibility.
Different facet dish choices embody inexperienced beans—strive these Finest Ever Inexperienced Beans, Good Roasted Inexperienced Beans, or maybe your greatest guess is that this stovetop recipe for Inexperienced Bean Salad with Toasted Almonds and Feta (I feel the Mediterranean flavors would complement the spinach and artichoke).
In the event you’re not within the temper for inexperienced beans, strive Good Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Balsamic Drizzle or Good Roasted Asparagus when asparagus is in season (springtime).
For date evening at residence, you could possibly finish the meal with a particular dessert. I really like Betty’s Pots de Crème for the small portion and wealthy taste. Foolproof Basque Cheesecake tastes superb, and it’s greatest made upfront. For simply two folks, strive these chocolatey Mini Lava Muffins for Two!
Extra Hearty Italian Recipes to Strive
Right here’s a brief assortment of tacky baked Italian dishes. Browse extra Italian recipes right here.
Please let me know the way your lasagna seems within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 50 minutes
- Complete Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 12 servings 1x
- Class: Most important
- Technique: Baked
- Delicacies: Italian
- Weight loss program: Vegetarian
This wholesome vegetarian spinach lasagna consists of a number of contemporary spinach, jarred artichokes and the best selfmade tomato sauce. This lasagna tastes even higher the subsequent day! Recipe yields one 9-inch sq. lasagna, which is sufficient for 8 to 9 servings.
Tomato sauce (or substitute 2 cups ready marinara sauce)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup roughly chopped contemporary basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
Spinach artichoke combination
- 2 cups (16 ounces) low fats cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped pink onion (about 1 smallish pink onion)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup jarred or defrosted frozen artichokes, drained (merely omit for a basic spinach lasagna), quartered if vital
- 12 ounces child spinach, ideally natural
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
Remaining lasagna elements
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (5 ounces) shredded fontina cheese or low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella
- Garnish: sprinkling of extra chopped contemporary basil
- Preheat oven to 425 levels Fahrenheit. To arrange the tomato sauce, first pour the tomatoes right into a mesh sieve or superb colander and allow them to drain off extra juice for a minute. Switch drained tomatoes to the bowl of a meals processor. Add the basil, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Pulse the combination about 10 occasions, till the tomatoes have damaged right down to an simply spreadable consistency. Pour the combination right into a bowl for later (it is best to have about 2 cups sauce).
- Rinse out the meals processor and return it to the machine. Pour half of the cottage cheese (1 cup) into the processor and mix it till easy, about 1 minute. Switch the combination to giant mixing bowl. No have to rinse out the bowl of the meals processor this time; simply put it again onto the machine since you’ll want it later.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil a big skillet over medium warmth. As soon as the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook dinner, stirring typically, till the onion is tender and translucent, about 4 to five minutes. Add the garlic and prepare dinner, stirring continuously, till aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the artichoke to the skillet, then add a number of giant handfuls of spinach. Cook dinner, stirring and tossing incessantly, till the spinach has wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach. Proceed cooking for about 12 minutes, stirring incessantly, till the spinach has dramatically decreased in quantity and little or no moisture stays within the backside of the pan.
- Switch the spinach artichoke combination to the bowl of the meals processor and pulse till the contents are finely chopped (however not puréed!), about 12 to fifteen occasions. Switch the combination to the bowl of whipped cottage cheese. Prime with remaining cottage cheese and blend effectively. Season to style with salt and pepper. Now it’s lasagna meeting time!
- Unfold ½ cup tomato sauce evenly over the underside of a 9-inch sq. baker. Layer three lasagna noodles on prime, overlapping their edges as vital. Unfold half of the spinach combination evenly over the noodles. Prime with ½ cup tomato sauce, then sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese on prime.
- Prime with three extra noodles, adopted by the remaining spinach combination. Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese on prime. (We’re skipping the tomato sauce on this layer.) Prime with three extra noodles, then unfold the remaining tomato sauce excessive so the noodles are evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Wrap the lasagna with a layer of parchment paper excessive (or cowl tightly with aluminum foil, however don’t let the foil contact the cheese). Bake, coated, for 18 minutes, then take away the quilt, rotate the pan by 180 levels and proceed cooking for about 12 extra minutes, till the highest is popping spotty brown. Take away from oven and let the lasagna cool for quarter-hour earlier than sprinkling with chopped basil and slicing.
▸ Vitamin Info
Did you make this recipe?