This beef stroganoff recipe is a fast and straightforward weeknight meal.
Tender items of beef are simmered with mushrooms in a savory bitter cream gravy!
Serve this straightforward beef stroganoff spooned over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
An Straightforward Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Beef stroganoff is fast and straightforward to make, but it tastes prefer it’s been cooking for hours.
- All of it cooks in simply one pan for much less mess and fewer dishes to scrub.
- The key to beef stroganoff with tender meat is within the cooking technique (be certain to not overcook!).
- The simple sauce is scrumptious and could be stretched by including further mushrooms or veggies.
Components for Beef Stroganoff
Beef – Use steak on this recipe for nice taste and tender outcomes – sirloin steak, ribeye, or beef tenderloin are nice selections.
Word: In case you have leftover steak or cooked beef, slice and add it on the finish of cooking—simply lengthy sufficient to warmth via.
Onions & Mushrooms – Onions and mushrooms add nice taste to this dish, and so they additionally assist stretch the meal a bit additional! Use both white or cremini mushrooms.
Stroganoff Sauce – Sauce for beef stroganoff is a savory combination of broth, seasonings, and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce and Dijon. Simply earlier than serving, bitter cream is stirred into the sauce. Greek yogurt can be utilized instead of bitter cream.
Make Beef Stroganoff
- Sear the Beef: Lower the meat into strips and sear in a sizzling pan per the recipe under.
- Cook dinner the Veggies: Cook dinner onions & mushrooms in butter till softened.
- Make the Sauce: Stir within the flour after which add the remaining sauce components and simmer.
- Stir in Bitter Cream: Stir the meat again into the pan till heated via. Stir in bitter cream & serve. Garnish with contemporary parsley in the event you’d like.
- You possibly can swap the from-scratch sauce for a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup for an instantaneous dish.
- Use frozen or do-it-yourself meatballs or floor beef.
- Add further veggies like peas or bell peppers so as to add a pop of coloration and taste!
Serve with egg noodles, pasta, or mashed potatoes for a crowd-pleasing favourite!
Ideas for Beef Stroganoff
Listed below are just a few tricks to make this the most effective Beef Stroganoff.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan when browning (brown in small batches)
- Don’t overcook the meat; it needs to be a little bit pink inside as it is going to proceed to prepare dinner within the sauce.
- Scrape up the little brown bits within the pan when making the sauce.
- For a thicker sauce, combine equal elements cornstarch and water after which add it to the boiling sauce a bit at a time till it reaches the specified consistency.
- Make sure the bitter cream doesn’t boil to forestall it from curdling.
Leftover beef stroganoff could be saved in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Retailer the noodles individually from the stroganoff.
Freeze parts with out egg noodles (they get mushy within the freezer) in zippered baggage for as much as 4 weeks and thaw within the fridge till able to reheat on the range.
Did your loved ones love this Beef Stroganoff Recipe? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
Straightforward Beef Stroganoff
This beef stroganoff recipe is a fast and straightforward weeknight meal with plenty of tender beef and mushrooms in a scrumptious creamy sauce.
Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and lower it into ½-thick strips or 1-inch cubes.
Season the meat with salt and pepper, then toss with 1 tablespoon of flour. Shake off any extra flour.
In a big skillet or saucepan, warmth olive oil over medium-high warmth. Brown beef in small batches for about 1 minute on either side till evenly browned. Switch to a plate and put aside.
Scale back the warmth to medium. Add butter and onion to the pan, cooking till the onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic, persevering with to prepare dinner till softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour to the mushroom combination and prepare dinner for one minute.
Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and thyme. Carry to a boil, cut back the warmth, and let simmer uncovered for five minutes.
Add the browned beef and any juices on the plate to the sauce. Cook dinner for a further 2 minutes or till the meat is heated via.
Take away from the warmth and gently stir in bitter cream. Season with salt and pepper to style. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
- For essentially the most flavorful dish, select striploin or ribeye. Any beef kind will work, however steaks are likely to have the most effective taste.
- Brown the meat in batches at a medium-high temperature. Don’t prepare dinner it all through; it’s steak and is usually a little bit pink inside.
- For a thicker sauce, make a slurry with equal elements cornstarch and water. Add it to the boiling sauce a bit at a time till it reaches the specified consistency.
- Don’t boil the bitter cream or it may curdle.
Energy: 453 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 43g | Fats: 25g | Saturated Fats: 13g | Ldl cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 1092mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3.8mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.